Monday, October 24, 2011

Weighing In

Some of you may know that my kids are skinny... gasp!! What you may not have known is that it has become a problem. They aren't gaining weight how they should and as such, I have had to take them back to the doctor for weight checks to monitor them. Lizzie's first weight check resulted in a loss and we were shocked. Ever since then I've had a lot of anxiety over trying to get them to eat. Micah's weight check was last week and... HE GAINED!! A LOT!! He went from 11th percentile to the 33rd percentile and I couldn't be happier! I just praised God for allowing him to pack on some pounds and asked that Lizzie be able to do the same before her next weigh-in in a month. Anyhoo, no more weight checks for Micah!!

Fun stories though, without being prompted Micah thanked the nurse after she weighed him (and measured him (literally, "Thank you for measuring me!!", and gave him magnets to play with.. etc). She was laughing by the end and telling me that he was the first kid to ever thank her specifically for measuring him. Well, then we went to another nurse to get his flu shot. He laid still and perfect, but the second he felt the prick he started crying. HOWEVER, immediately after the prick while he was crying, he turned to that nurse and said, "Thank you for my boo boo..." and then he cried a little more. He's such a sweet kid.

Micah was thrilled at his weight gain!


Oh, and here is a little sneak peek at the fabrics I used in a project to be posted soon... very soon... possibly tomorrow, we'll see :)




Signature

3 comments:

Nate Ezell said...

Micah, I'm so proud to be your daddy!!

Anonymous said...

We're going through the same thing with Matthew right now. I really really hate that stupid percentile chart!! I'm so glad that Micah is gaining weight. I'll keep him and Lizzie in my prayers!

annalee said...

he is so sweet!