Wednesday, October 12, 2011

That's my name, don't wear it out

I'm not sure when it became almost a given that you had to put up your kid's name on the wall of the nursery. Or, when people started getting everything personalized/monogrammed. I don't remember this being the case at all when I was a kid. But anyway, here we are and I like the name on the wall trend. I like how I can be creative and do it differently for each of my kids. With Jane, I decided to do string art letters. I printed out the letters, cut them out, taped them to plaques that I had painted and painstakingly nailed in a bazillion nails around the edges. I then ripped the paper up (using tweezers) and went nuts with 4 different colors of pink embroidery floss. Here is what happened....


To give some scale, the plaques are each about 12 inches high.








I love them. They took forever....they were a pain in the butt....I'm glad Jane only has 4 letters in it.... but I love them.


Signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great...you are so creative. I'm impressed!
Gran

Tabaitha said...

Wow, that is great! You really should consider making a business out of that. I would buy from you.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! What a great idea, Abby!

annalee said...

oh my word, you are talented!
i LOVE these!

Dad said...

Yes, short names would be better than long ones.