Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Road Trip Stop 6- Rome, GA

My cousin's wedding was the whole purpose behind our trip and that's how we ended up in Rome, GA for the last couple of days of our trip. It really is beautiful in that part of Georgia and the town of Rome itself has a great feel to it. Our hotel was in the historic downtown and was in a renovated factory with exposed brick and creaky wood floors and it was pure gorgeousness. A lot of our time was spent at my Uncle's house it a very pretty area a bit of a drive out of town. The kids were a fan of his neighborhood....


Have I mentioned that Lizzie Boo has learned how to say "cheese" for the camera? The faces that result crack me up....



Micah was very proud of his rocks and we were happy for him... til he chunked one randomly and nearly hit Lizzie in the head... that would have been fun.



But look at that face! He wasn't trying to hit her, so we let it slide....



Lizzie was getting in some good Memaw time and I love this whole series of pics...









She also got in good Daddy time....



And spared a moment for Mommy...



Back to the house to sit out on the balcony.



I love this picture of Micah....



And back to Lizzie and her faces...



Micah was the ring bearer in Sonya's wedding and he did a wonderful job! He didn't particularly care for the sitting and waiting for things to start portion, but when his time came, he was all smiles...



I really hope someone else got some good pictures of Micah in his suit, because he didn't stand still long enough for me to get anything decent!



Lizzie was in typical Lizzie form and laid some good expressions on me...



and, of course, more Memaw time :)



I feel I would be remiss if I failed to mention that during official wedding pictures, they got the entire wedding party posed and added Micah and the flower girl at the end. Micah looked nervous and after the first camera click, started shouting "I HAVE TO GO PEE PEE!!!" over and over again at the top of his lungs.... it was awesome :) My dad got some great shots of the kids in Rome too, I'll have to get those from him at some point!


Signature

2 comments:

Dad said...

You got a lot of great pictures. I love the one of Micah sitting in the pew. I know that feeling (of course when you're "grown up" you're not supposed to let people know when you feel like that).

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, and they bring back fun memories!
Gran