Thursday, December 15, 2011

O Christmas Tree


This may just look like a Christmas tree with a crooked star ( I tried everything and it stayed crooked!) but when I look at it, I see something more along the lines of this-



This is a Christmas tree as seen by a parent of young children.


~Zone A is comprised of non-breakable ornaments. To place an ornament in this zone, you must first think through every single possible thing that could happen to it including it being pulled on, sucked on, etc and feel comfortable putting it within the reach of your lovely littles.


~Zone B is comprised of slightly more fragile ornaments/ ornaments if ripped from the tree might damage the wood floor :P Take care when choosing these ornaments that you do not choose anything too shiny that may tempt your littles to make the effort to acquire something out of their reach.


~Zone C has breakable ornaments and/or ornaments with significant sentimental value. I am pretty darn attached to the majority of my ornaments, so the non-breakables that make this level are sacred.


~The golden circle is for the handful of ornaments that I would shed significant tears over should they meet their demise at the hands of a hyper toddler... two of them are from Delft :)


And there it is... our tree through mom-colored glasses :)


Today is Bill of Rights Day and National Lemon Cupcake Day... mmmmm, cupcakes..... must go to Ooh La La soon.

Signature

1 comment:

Mom said...

Meemaw trees have the same zones. BTW I'm deeply offended that I see my favorite ornament that I cross stitched for you in zone A:)