Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teacher Gifts

I had grand aspirations this year for teacher and nursery worker Christmas gifts that involved over 5 different types of homemade candy and countless hours slaving in the kitchen. Well, the bed rest incident put an end to my lofty goals for this year and I can't say that I'm entirely disappointed about it either :) When I recalibrated my expectations, I came up with a much more reasonable alternative~


You're probably thinking, "Great! What are those?". Well, I took canned peaches and removed the bottom of the cans with a can opener. I emptied and washed them out then filled them with (store bought) candy and resealed the bottom with the help of my trusty glue gun. Add some cute scrapbook paper, a funny label and some ribbon and the gifts are ready. The cans are pull tab style, so all they have to do it pop the top and enjoy!



Micah's teachers and both kids' nursery workers got these cans and the teachers got these cute apple ornaments that I found as well. Thank you Jane for saving me time and sparing me countless hours on my feet!

Anyhoo, today is Go Caroling Day :)



Signature

5 comments:

Megan Bennett said...

You have got to be the craftiest person I know! I love seeing what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I just love that you put so much thought into the presentation. Good job!!!
Love-Amy Littlepage

Anonymous said...

As usual, you came up with a winner! Really clever:)
Gran

The Goods said...

Saw the can idea on pinterest...it is genius! How did you make the labels?

Abby said...

Aw, thanks everyone :)

For the labels I just used scrapbook paper. The white, printed section was designed in Word then I printed it out and slapped in on the can with lovely double sided tape :)