Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Up All Night

Total exhaustion all day yesterday has led into insomnia tonight... Fun stuff, right? In order to pass some time, I thought I'd pull up an old Annalee favorite-

Tonight was Micah's Christmas program at school and I was SO excited about it... I planned on blogging about it right afterward, but life got in the way....

-I did not wait until the last minute to pull Micah's costume together for the program. Nope, not me.
-I certainly had no doubts about whether or not Micah would be compliant for the program.
-When we got to the room and I dressed Micah, I certainly did not stay longer than I should have.
-When it came time to take his picture with his buddies, Micah definitely didn't throw a completely irrational fit, not my child.
-He absolutely would never refuse to wear his sheep ears or start taking off his costume on his own.
-When witnessing this and hearing him say he didn't want to do it, I would never feel like I had no choice but to just take him home right then and there.
-No matter what, I certainly would not start crying as we left the room from disappointment, frustration and probably pregnancy hormones.
-And in all of this, I definitely would not forget to get one single picture of Micah in his costume.
-Lastly, I certainly would never take this situation as a demonstration that I am a terrible mother who will never be able to handle three kids (stupid hormones again)... Nope, not me.

Speaking of three kids, it's too late to do much about that, so let's just talk holidays, shall we? Today is Ice Cream Day and Violin Day.

2 comments:

Diana said...

You are a wonderful, fabulous mother. And I love ice cream...what a great day for a baby to be born!

Anonymous said...

At least you tried! Life can get frustrating at times,and I think you handle it very well. You can do the three kids bit, too:)
Gran