Monday, April 23, 2007

Can you speak up?

So full blown day five of my cold and I woke up with a new fun addition.... I lost my voice. Fantastic. I have enough right now for a really quiet whisper with the occasional word that is a little louder, but all in all it's MIA. Losing your voice isn't terrible, but it does make people think you are really rude. The guy in the elevator with me thought that I lacked all manners when I didn't respond to his good morning and didn't offer the appropriate thank you's. Anyhoo, I'm hoping this is the last phase cause it's been a week since the first minor symptoms and it's just kinda getting old. So if you see me today and I seem to blow you off, just remember... I'm a mute, and you can't be mad at a mute :P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the usual course of these things for you, but when everything runs down my throat and I can't talk, that's when I am starting to rebound from a cold (and also when I get the most "you sound terrible" comments). I hope you are better soon.

Ulovebeth said...

Maybe you should have rested at home and had some nice hot, honey-lemon tea instead of being at work last week.

Go home, Abby! It's okay! :)

Liz said...

I know how you feel! The same thing happened to me at A&M. I completely lost my voice one day and people would say hello to me and all I could do was smile. I hated it because I felt shy and rude at the same time! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ok This is pretty funny. I just logged on to see if you had any comments and I see "dad a dit" "dad said" in French. I thought he was showing off then I saw Beth and Liz did the same thing. Then I realize that your whole blog page is in French. My computer "thinks" I'm French. Get me outta here!

Abby said...

Whoa, too many to respond to :) Let me say, I did go home Friday and I'm glad I did. I think I am recovering so I'm looking forward to being healthy again. Liz, I know how you are :) Mom, tell you what, I'll arrange for you to move back in 13 days.. how does that work for ya? ;-)