Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm Back :)

I got back on Sunday night from a trip to Holland, Belgium and France. It was GREAT!! Holland was beautiful! This first pic is a in a place called Kinderdijk that has the largest grouping of old windmills in Holland.... they were everywhere!

Our second day we went to Keukenhof, the world's biggest and best garden. They certainly proved to us that this was true. The grounds were busting with tulips, daffodils, hycinth, cherry trees and more tulips (I had no idea there were so many varieties... I took 80ish pictures there :)

We went to a place called Zuiderzee Museum which is a park of sorts where they have moved historic Dutch houses and buildings from all over Holland. They dress the little kids up in traditional wear... adorable :)


Drempel is their word for speedbump :)

This was taken in a bulb field that we saw from the road. We were there at the height of tulip season and so patches of color exploded from the countryside everywhere we went.
Eiffel Tower... no explination needed.
Notre Dame
Bruges, Belgium.

Bruges is beautiful. I mean the entire place is beautiful... you can't take a bad picture.
Bruges at night

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Do I owe you some Flat Stanley pictures or have you already filed that report?

Ulovebeth said...

Wow. How many stamps in your passport?

Anonymous said...

You included four of my favorite pics! We were worried that we might have worn you two out, but from the rearview, I can see you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I know you had fun!

Abby said...

I snagged the Flat Stanley pics from mom and I will just wait and get the rest on a cd when ya'll get back here :)

Beth- none. I had to get a new passport after we got married so I lost all my existing stamps and the customs guys in Paris hardly ever stamp :P

Mom- we are creating some art from one of them, you'll have to see it when you get back.

Gran- thanks!

Jen Lewis said...

Welcome back to blogsville... :) You have been missed! Your pictures are wonderful... I can't wait to see more tonight at dinner!!! See you in an hour and a half!!!!

Alyssa said...

I so want to go to Holland and Belgium now! I'm going to France this summer, and I can't wait!