Monday, April 14, 2008

And the countdown begins....

6 days til Nate and I leave for Maui..... 4.5 days of work between now and then :) What, do you ask, is Abby doing 6 days out from the much anticipated trip? Today's task involved a consultation with the fish calculator to determine what types and how much fish I could eat during our stay. Unfortunately, my fave (Mahi Mahi) is one of the higher mercury fish meaning I have to monitor it uber carefully and can't eat it twice a day like I would like to while in Hawaii :) Luckily, nobody has said anything about me not being able to eat these babies...which is good since I might have to beat them if they did :P




Other edible things to look forward to include (but are in no way limited to) macadamia nuts, good coffee (for Nate), and of course the donuts on a stick from the Makawao bakery. I am also hoping this time to get to the bakery early enough to purchase a couple of their "world famous" cream puffs. May sound ridiculous, but I have a shirt that proclaims them as such from last time I was there and the things sell out super early in the morning. Anything that has the locals flocking to buy sounds like I should at least give it a shot :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh..You guys are going to love it! Where are you staying?

Every time I look at our honeymoon pictures I want to go back!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh..You guys are going to love it! Where are you staying?

Every time I look at our honeymoon pictures I want to go back!