Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This......

Yesterday was...... bad. It was a bad day. It was stressful and jam packed and really not a whole lot of fun. Apparently this Monday the 31st bad day thing is also genetic. My mother found herself also battling a round of the "Are you kidding me's!!". We commiserated on the phone yesterday afternoon and I think both came out feeling slightly better that at least it was not just us. Here is the (majorly) shortened bullet point version of my day~

~ Read on Fox News that Aloha airlines was very suddenly shutting down all operations and that all flights were cancelled after today.... forever. Hmmm, yup.. I confirm that this is in fact the airline Nate and I are flying between Honolulu and Maui in 3 weeks.

Call Expedia; wait 20 minutes to speak to representative; Receive "special" phone number for Hawaiian Airlines who will honor our tickets and re-book our flights; Call said number; It's a recording; Recording says that I have to go through Expedia; Call Expedia wait 30 minutes this time (receive call during wait time that my appointment I just set up an hour earlier with my dentist to have my crown put back on after it popped off this weekend has to be moved up. Have to cancel meeting to accommodate it); Expedia tells me I can fly standby on Hawaiian for free; I tell Expedia that I will be 6 months pregnant at the time and have no intention of doing this... I ask if I can get a refund; Expedia says I must go through my credit card to get a refund; I call Chase and they turn out to be the first competent people of the day and 2 minutes later the charges are under dispute (Aloha says they will not argue the disputed charges) and I have re booked tics through Hawaiian Airlines' site... really nice actually. 2 hours have elapsed since first Expedia call.

Day can only get better, right?

~ Try to lock in mortgage rate with USAA. This leads to 5 hours worth of phone calls wherein our loan processor tells me one thing and then tells Nate the opposite. Nate continues to call and get different answers from this girl every time. Around 3 pm finally gets to talk to someone who knows what they are doing and it gets resolved quickly (after 4.5 hours of struggling and having to continually prove that what the woman was telling us was wrong.... she would change her explanations every time we proved that something she said the last time wasn't true)

~ Get to dentist promptly knowing they are busy... sit in waiting room for extra 45 minutes (could have left work later, didn't have to cancel meeting) Turns out original appointment time would have been more accurate.

Those are the big things.... you know, the ones that gave me a "twinge" in my back that made it nearly impossible to be of any use at home last night. Oh well, it's a new day, a new month, and I'm liking the outlook on April :)

No comments: