Monday, April 07, 2008

hmmm

I'm drawing a blank as to what to write today and for some reason "Mambo No. 5" is playing repeatedly in my head. I mean, how does that happen?! Curse whatever commercial or tv show got that song stuck in my subconscious!

Random observation. Nate and I discovered this Saturday that if you go shopping for furniture and tell the sales person that you "just want to look around" that in furniture sales person language, this means "follow me around at a distance of about 20 feet away but pretend you aren't hovering. Oh, and any time I look around, pretend to be straightening couch cushions or something."

Out of curiosity and because we were passing right by it, we did make one of our stops at Gallery Furniture. Surprisingly enough, it was the only store without the amazing hovering sales people. They were close enough if you needed them (stationed at desks throughout the store), but they didn't follow you around like a lioness hunting her prey, nor did they look at you eagerly like a puppy in a pet store window hoping to be taken home. We were surprised by how nice their furniture was and how good the prices were. So if you, like us, have always avoided this store because the commercials scared you off, be not afraid oh shopper. Go forth and visit Gallery Furniture... Mattress Mac himself was manning the front info desk when we walked in....it was surreal :)

3 comments:

RickOnline.us said...

So we bought our living room furniture there and it was like a circus - but I did get to meet "the man!"
ha,ha

Anonymous said...

I think Mac lives at the store. Your mom and I went there once and we saw him there as well.

Anonymous said...

I know you're going to think this sounds ghetto - but you should check out Big Lots. We got two queen sleigh beds there for less than half of the "real" furniture stores. AND you get the bonus of feeling like a better person overall after a quick comparison with the typical clientele. :)