Friday, April 11, 2008

Yay, the weekend!!!


Just 4 hours of work stands between me and the undefinable bliss of the weekend.... have I mentioned how much I really REALLY like half day Fridays? Anyhoo, this weekend I am headed up to Dallas with Jen and Laura for our annual roommate reunion weekend!! There were 8 of us girls that all lived together (two apartments, right on top of each other) during our junior and senior years at A&M and we are all still pretty close, for the most part :) More so than perhaps any other situation in college (besides Doulos), these girls have shaped who I have become today. They challenged me spiritually and just in life in general. They were my sounding block and my comfortable place. We got each other through deaths in the family, failure at school and in relationships, divorce, break-ups, engagements, everything under the sun. As Paul says, "I thank my God every time I remember you..." I can't wait to spend the weekend catching up with them! I feel so blessed in my life for having a wonderful family, 3 amazing best friends since pre-school, and for having these 7 girls in my life. Others have blessed my life to be sure, but God definitely had a plan when he put together this mish-mash of personalities :)

1 comment:

Jen Lewis said...

Yikes that is an old picture! Definately a trip down memory lane though. Had a blast this weekend! :)