Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Growth Chart


Ah, the belly at 24 weeks.... told you that last week's pic was deceptively big :P Not that this is much better :) Anyhoo...
I am officially 25 weeks pregnant today which on one hand sounds REALLY far along, but on the other I feel like I should have way less than 15 weeks left. Still, I'm sure it'll "be here before I know it" as many older Baptist women love to remind me as they touch my stomach....even though they don't know me. I've found a useful way of avoiding this is to walk very quickly around church and only stop to socialize inside my Sunday school classroom or after sitting down for service. This is known as the "If they can't catch me, they can't touch me" approach. The elevator can get tricky, but I do my best in there to send "If you don't know me, don't touch me" vibes out. For those of you that do know me, I don't mind the tummy touch... I promise. I just find it odd that complete strangers feel like this is ok. Anyways, growth chart :)
What changes are occurring with your body?
Your uterus is approximately the size of a soccer ball, and the top of your uterus can be felt about halfway between your belly button and the bottom of your sternum. (see above picture as proof that not only is it the size of a soccer ball in volume, it is actually the exact shape of one as well :)
How big is your baby?
Your baby is now 12 inches long and weighs anywhere from 1.5 to 1.75 pounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know as a man I really don't think about all the things that come along with having a baby. (i.e. - random people wanting to touch your stomach!)

Man that seems. I couldn't imagine being in the rest room, awkward or some random place in the church, and having a person I never met asking me if they can touch my stomach! Odd! (By the ways what are the time limit rules? I assume it's like when a man gives another man a "good game." - to long and it become rather strange!)

(glad to see the baby is progressing along nicely, praise God!)

Abby said...

Ah, but see.. they don't ask. They just put their hand on your stomach without so much as a "may I?" I had heard about this phenomenon, but experiencing it is a whole different thing :P

Anonymous said...

Man that's bizarre!!!