Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Like Riding a Bike in a Nascar Race....

A blog is, among other things, a place to express your random pet peeves and admit to some of your random quirks that make you so lovable, huggable, and weird :) Or at least, for me it is :P

Before I was pregnant, I never really paid attention to the Hollywood pregnancy phenomenon. What is this, you ask? This is where Hollywood starlets announce that they are pregnant, and 2-3 months later, they have a baby! Because they fight SO HARD to hide it and wait SO LONG to officially announce it, they end up being really far along before the public has a confirmation of the pregnancy. As a non-pregnant person, this never stuck out to me or bothered me.... now it drives me NUTS!! I feel like I am getting lapped!! Here are these women who announced their pregnancies in April or May and they already have a baby! As for me? I announced it in NOVEMBER! Do you have any idea how many actresses/singers/whatevers have announced and then had a baby since then?? I'll give you a clue.... it's A LOT. :P

Anyhoo, today is one of my absolute favorite options for Micah's birthday. If he was born today, Micah would have the privilege of being born on Tapioca Pudding Day and more importantly, Cow Appreciation Day. Who wouldn't love to be born on Cow Appreciation Day?!!



post signature

6 comments:

Jana said...

I'm still dissappointed he wasn't born on National Nude Day. That really is the perfect day to be born.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of whether Micah decides to be born today or delay the inevitable, we should all take a moment to appreciate the special cows in our lives.

Me said...

And he would share my mom's birthday . . . which isn't quite as meaningful to you as your dad's birthday, but it is always good to know you have a birthday buddy!

Abby said...

Done and done. In honor of Cow Appreciation Day, I payed my respects to the Chick-fil-a cows at lunch...mmmmm :)

Jana said...

ummm, are you having a baby right now? your sister-in-law's blog leads me to believe that you are. Could you please blog between contractions to give your anxious readers an update?

Greg and I are praying for you guys!

Erin said...

dang it, i meant to post my comment on this blog, but accidentally posted on a previous post...but...i was saying there was no blog today...which leads me to believe micah is on his way! yea!!!!!!!!!!!