Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Pics

I got concerned about whether or not Micah was gaining weight, so my mom brought over her kitchen scale and we checked on his progress :)




Micah likes to make lots of random facial expressions while he sleeps, and here is one of my favorites.

This will likely come as no surprise to those of you who know me, but I have no filter. If something is bothering me, it is difficult for me not to share it. Well, while the first two pics are adorable, they hit at the heart of something serious. At the time they were taken, his eating habits weren't bad, he just wasn't eating as often as the "experts" say he should have been. Since then, his feedings have become shorter and shorter and now he is spitting up more and more each time he eats. It is also getting increasingly more difficult to get him to nurse.... he won't even take breastmilk from a bottle right now. Sooooooo, fewer feedings getting shorter with more coming up afterwards is a bad combination. I am really worried, and we go to see his doctor this morning. Please be praying that the doctor will know what is bothering him and that the Lord will keep him safe during this time and restore him quickly. What's particularly worrisome about this is that he shows no sign of being hungry even though he is getting less and less to eat. Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up before I cry... please be praying for whatever is going on and that even if we have to use formula, that we can get him to eat and keep something down.


post signature

3 comments:

Tabaitha said...

I will be praying for you guys. I know how difficult it can be. He is beautiful. If could be that he has acid reflux. It is very common in newborns and most doctors will give them a prescription for it.

Amy said...

Oh I'm sorry Abby! That sounds really tough. I'll be praying that the doctor has wisdom in giving some answers and solutions.

Anonymous said...

My mom is a nanny and has encountered this in lots of babies. Which is not to say it makes it any more pleasant for a worried mom...but she said that 9 times out of 10 it's an easily curable case of acid reflux. The doctor will know what to do. I promise. Hang in there.