Monday, July 28, 2008

Mad Props

I didn't realize when Nate and I decided to go to church yesterday that we would get quite the reaction we did. We brought Micah into class with us in his car seat and he stayed quiet and perfect throughout the lesson. Now, I expected people to fawn over him a bit.... I mean, what's not to love?? What I didn't expect was the number of "I can't believe you are already back!!"s that we got. I guess I have forgotten how exceptional Micah is. I've forgotten that not all newborns are on a 4-5 hour cycle and that some babies even make noise that might be distracting. Anyhoo, taking Micah to church was easy and as I discovered, a really good way to impress a lot of people :)

Now, based on some conversations I have had with people, I've realized that I have made labor and motherhood sound easy-peasy and maybe even could be accused of downplaying it too much. Let me say this.... everybody struggles differently. I did have a short labor with very little pushing involved, and that was a blessing! However, because of the speed of the labor, I had to be cut and also had multiple tears from my body not having enough time to stretch. I do have an amazing baby who sleeps well and has a good overall mood most of the time, but we struggle with feedings which seem to be getting more difficult instead of easier. Anyhoo, all this to say that I am blessed, but I don't want anyone to think that I am saying that everything is perfect. When I stop being honest about my struggles, I will lose a bit of who I am and more importantly, I will lose the opportunity to be prayed for by the people I love. I hope I never start to gloss over my difficulties in order to maintain a certain image.

I have NO IDEA why I decided to mention this, especially on my first day back, but there you go :) In case you are new to my blog, you may not be used to my random blogs of randomness.... just know that if you stick with me, I will try to keep life as interesting as possible :)



post signature

No comments: