Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Christmas in October

Ok, so at my first MOPS meeting a month ago, one of the women at my table was talking about how she had just finished up her Christmas shopping. "What?!" I asked. She said something about how everyone thought it was weird, but she always tried to finish up way early. I assured her that she was not weird to me and that I too am an early Christmas shopper and that I was impressed and not horrified by her confession. Anyhoo, since that day I have felt behind. I mean, I usually try to finish my shopping before Thanksgiving and I call it good, but here was Devon who was done in September and I have to say... it panicked me a little.

Well, all you need is a catalyst, right? I am now 50% ish done with my shopping! I have my Dad, brother, and Elena taken care of, Nate and Micah are done except a few more stocking items, and Nate's Mom and one of his sisters are taken care of..... it's no September, but it's not too shabby either! I've got my mom, sister in law, Evan, father in law and Nate's other sister left to go...... I've had ideas for my mom, but I can never afford them (stupid one income budget!), and I think I know what we are going to get Amy but I'm not positive yet. Oooooo, I can't WAIT for Christmas! I love the decorations, I love to give inspired gifts, I love the reminder of God's love for us in sending his only son into a corrupt world that would despise and ultimately murder him.... but at Christmas it's all about a baby, and hope :) Random outburst, eh?

post signature

1 comment:

Amy said...

Shut-up!!! Now I feel way behind! I think I choose to erase this post from my memory....lalalalalalalalala...