Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Twice is Nice

I went to the So You Think You Can Dance tour for the second time this weekend and I have to say.... loved it!! So much better than last year! You could tell that, this year, everybody liked each other and it made it that much more fun to watch :)

Now.... side note~ What are parents thinking these days??? One of the prominent demographics at the show was pre-teen hoochies. The arena was crawling with 10-12 yr old girls in very grown up clothing and inappropriate makeup. One girl who we estimated at around 11-yrs old (the poor thing didn't have a curve anywhere on her entire body) was in 5 inch platform stilettos and skinny jeans with very mature makeup and accessories. OK, the itty bitty chica is not old enough to have a job, which means her parents BOUGHT her those ridiculous shoes....hello! What were they thinking??? The sexualization of these young girls was horrifying and led Nate and I to the decision that we want to have just boys.... of course we'll have to keep blinders on them to shield them from this new breed of sixth grade girl... anyhoo, exit soapbox :)


post signature

3 comments:

Me said...

My sister's husband wants only boys too because he thinks he'd have to kill some teenage boys if he had teenage daughters! :)

The Goods said...

Interesting you noted this...my husband has been saying the same thing...he only "wants" boys because he said he would never let his daughter walk out of the house. He would be too strick he thinks.

Side note - I have been stalking your blog for a while (I'm friends with Amy Littlepage) and just now found out that you are Ben's SISTER! I used to work with Ben at PKF. I was like, wait they went to visit Evan in SA, wait, I know someone with a kid named Evan in SA. Small world! good gravy!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad yall enjoyed SYTYCD! That was such a great idea to go to that, and now I'm going to have to go next year! :) And I agree about your "girls" comment. I know I was not that "old" when I was their age. :O