Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A commercial for flats

I'd like to share a very Abby moment with you if I may. I was leaving work yesterday and I was happy because, well because I was leaving work :) I pressed the down button on the elevators and waited patiently for my car to arrive. The doors opened, I stepped inside and my heel got caught in the little groove that I always look at and think "I bet my heel could get caught in that." Well, crud. As my mind is registering the situation, the door starts to close... crud crud!! I reached around and pressed the open door button just in time to keep my calf from being eaten by elevator number 4. I stepped out of my shoe and pried it from the frame while maintaining a hand on the button. And such is my life :)

5 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

Abby, that is one of my worst nightmares. I am glad you made it through it without cussing or crying because I may have done both... Yea for remaining calm!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you're a fast thinker...and reactor!

Abby said...

I am well known for my cat-like speed and reflexes :) On the other hand, it was either act quick or have a bruised leg.... I always wonder if our building has cameras in the elevators and if so, was someone watching me and pressing a close door button?

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Does this remind anyone of the scene in the beginning of Speed where all the people are hurrying out of the elevator shaft escape hatch and that one woman says..."my shoe!!" and scurries off?