Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cookie Monster

I was at the grocery store yesterday, making my way down the aisle to pick up some saltines, and the Archway cookies caught the corner of my eye. Hmmm, I wonder if they have the molasses ones today.... they do! Oh, but I shouldn't. I don't need them and they certainly aren't good for me. Then I heard a voice say, "C'mon, get a package of cookies." Well, I dunno, I mean I really don't need them. "C'mon, pick up the cookies, you know you want them" Yeah, but I should practice some self control. "Pick them up" Wait, why is the voice in my head getting louder? "You need those cookies" Ummm, my inner guiding grocery voice has never sounded like that before..... At this point I looked around and realized that it was not my conscience doing battle inside my head, but rather a crazy lady in the aisle telling me to pick up the cookies. So that was interesting :P I left the cookies... I wasn't sure how I was going to explain to Nate that I bought the cookies because a crazy lady told me to.... it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

3 comments:

Nate said...

I guess I can't let you go shopping alone so that I can protect you from the crazy lady :)

Anonymous said...

As we have previously discussed in our family, you have inherited the gift of attracting unstable strangers. The good news is that normally these people are perfectly harmless and we, your reading public, get to hear about them from a safe distance. As the other family member with the gift, I've got enough crazies of my own!

Abby said...

Your crazy magnet is more powerful than mine... I need to be careful about monitoring that as I get older :)

Nate- I can take on the crazies... living with myself has given me plenty of practice :P