Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Flat Stanley

Jen Cates' class recently did something called flat Stanley where they dress up a paper doll and mail them out to all over the world. The Stanleys come back with pictures and a letter describing their adventures. This year, Jen sent one of her kids' Stanleys to my parents in Paris. Here were some of the resulting pictures~


This is NOT my dad, this is the Fromanger... or "Cheese man" :)


That IS my mom's arm :)

And her arm again :P

Anyways, one of the Stanleys got lost in the mail (POOR STANLEY!) So Nate and I get to take one with us to Holland and pose him in tulips and by windmills and put clogs on him and all sorts of good stuff. My parents will be there to offer guidance and artistic support and I am super pumped!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and we'll even let you hold him for all the poses so you can be endlessly stared at and try to explain to foreigners what Flat Stanley is :) I don't think I was ever able to get a Frenchman to understand, but I did successfully explain the Wizard of Oz story in French today even tho there is no French word for "tinman"

Jen said...

Enrique is SO excited, because I told him his Flat Stanley doesn't have to go through the mail, he gets to go on an airplane (big stuff for a 4 year old)!

Anonymous said...

I love it...will look forward to Stanley's pictures in Holland!

Abby said...

Mom- Ah, The Wizard of Oz... that must have been fun :P

Gran- I will most definitely display those pics when I get back!

Jen- I'll have to remember to get pictures of Stanley in the airport and sleeping on the plane (wish I could do that :)

Anonymous said...

Followed by the storyline of Wicked:)