Friday, March 30, 2007

Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines...

Here is a little insight into me for those of you with less personal, hands on experience..... I like to know what is coming. Rephrase, I feel I HAVE to know what is coming in a lot of situations. Example, when going to a restaurant for the first time (or the first time in a long time), I go online and check out their menu first so that I know what I want when I get there. Otherwise it is nearly impossible for me to make a decision that I feel comfortable with.

If there is anyone reading this who is also a plan ahead type person, and if you've travelled internationally in the past few years, then you might already know what I am about to tell you. You know the magazines on planes that tell you the in-flight entertainment? They post them online too! They are up for the current and upcoming month so that you can see ahead of time what you will have the option of watching. I think this is more or less fabulous. Now, the way it works on most longer international flights now is that you have an individual screen on the seat infront of you and you choose between 9 different channels to watch. The channels run in 2.5 hour loops which gives me time for 3-4 cycles on my flight.

I have watched some pretty bad movies cause I was on a plane, bored and I have immense trouble sleeping on planes (not so in cars :P ). When I checked our movies for our upcoming flight, I'll admit I was bracing for the hit..... We got SO LUCKY! Especially on the way there. In addition to the CSI channel, comedy channel, Without a Trace channel, and others, we have~

On the way~

Pursuit of Happyness
Dreamgirls
Night at the Museum

On the way back~

Miss Potter
Happy Feet
The Holiday (not so excited about this one)

3 comments:

Jen said...

The Holiday was cute! I so wanted to see Miss Potter, but I did not enjoy Happy Feet. Dreamgirls and Pursuit of Happyness are good too! My dad enjoyed Night at the Museum. You did get lucky! Stanley will enjoy the inflight movies as well ;)

Anonymous said...

When we swing through Bruges on our way back to Pairs, I think you should try a stew there that's made with a dark beer base. Just wanted to let you know about in now so you could think about it and get used to the idea.

Abby said...

Stanley has very refined tastes, so I was more worried about him than me :)

Dad- mom told me about the stew and I'm all about it!