Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gender Specific

I had another appointment yesterday with my OB and everything is going well. I got to listen to the baby's heartbeat which the nurse said was good and strong and while I have no way of actually knowing, it sounded good to me too :) At this point in the pregnancy, the baby is no longer making me feel very sick and yet I can't feel it moving yet (I still have a month or so before I will be able to feel it) so hearing the heartbeat is a nice little reassurance that it is still alive and doing well.

As for the title of this blog..... I know for sure now that we will find out the sex of the baby on February 25th!! I'm super excited about knowing and it's just really cool to me that we get to find out on my brother's birthday. This supports my mom's idea that if it's a boy he needs to be named Benjamin Jesse...... she'll get over it :) I actually like the name, but I'm not jinxing myself by using it (those that know my brother understand, for the rest of you he was a very....mischievous child :) Anyways, our plans for that afternoon include the following......Have an ultrasound, talk to my doctor, go to Memorial City Mall across the road and buy one gender specific outfit (I'm thinking Old Navy as we just bought Elena some clothes there and they have the cutest stuff right now), go to Churrascos and celebrate (this is also my birthday dinner :). Somewhere in there we will be calling peeps, but let's just say that I have a few ideas about ways to do this that I am keeping to myself :)

As for the poll-> The results were split. 7 of you voted girl and 7 voted boy. Kind of fun actually how it proves that there is a 50/50 chance of either and no one has a clue which it is :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. Ben got into a little mischief as a boy, but….best big brother ever! All I’m saying.

Abby said...

I totally agree... best big brother ever :)