Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stranger Dreams Have Happened


So for me, pregnancy has given me some really strange and vivid dreams. I wake up every morning thinking "Really? Did I REALLY dream that?" Of course being the girl who's longest running recurring dream as a child involved running a mall obstacle course (a la the Eliminator in American Gladiators) with Richie Rich and then accompaning him to Radio Shack, I am used to some weird dreams. Just not every night like I have them now. They always tie back to something I did that day and they are always completely random. Last night I ate a peach... here was the result ->


I was back in college and one of my engineering professors gave us an assignment to grow a peach tree. I put off my planting requirement til the night before (I never did this kind of thing in college, but in my dreams I'm always running behind... kind of a nightmare for me actually :). In case you were wondering, we plant peach trees by placing a peach pit in a shallow plastic bucket using wooden shavings (think hamster cage liner) instead of soil. I remember rummaging through the trash to find the peach pit (from last night, remember?) and then stealing a bucket and wooden shavings from the laundry room in the dorm....always your best bet on where to find wooden shavings :P Anyway, that was the entire point of the dream. In the end I was just happy to avoid my normal college dream that I've been having since sophomore year where I get half way through the semester and realize that there is a class I have completely forgotten to go to the whole time..... I hate that one :P

2 comments:

Tabaitha said...

they only get stranger as the pregnancy progresses

Abby said...

That's frightening :P