Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Growth Chart

Now the weekly email will tell you the specifics on what is happening inside my body, but because every woman is different, it can't tell you what you will look like on the outside. For those of you that haven't seen me recently, I have a definite and persistant pooch. For those who HAVE seen me recently, it got bigger over ther last 3 days. I am officially into maternity pants and have had to buy some longer shirts to cover the waistband of my new Gap maternity jeans (they are soooooo cute!). I have to brag on Leslie and myself really fast..... we went to the Gap maternity store in the Galleria and all of their fall stuff was on clearance so I got->

-> 2 pairs of jeans (different sizes.. one to grow on :) for $27 each
-> 1 pair of khaki pants for $9.99
-> 1 really cute jean skirt for $20.99
-> 2 pairs of capris, one khaki and one dark brown, for $12.97 each
-> 1 black wrap dress that is PERFECT and I can wear pregnant or not due to it's wrappy nature for $24.99

After tax, Leslie and I made a major hall in paying less than $150 total for all 7 maternity items. Anyhoo, moment over.... now, growth chart :)

What is happening with your baby?
This week your baby will begin to take on more of a normal appearance as the eyes move closer together and the ears move closer to their final position. The intestines have grown so fast that they actually extend into the umbilical cord, but they will begin to move back into the abdomen. The kidneys can now secrete urine, and the nervous system is continuing to mature. Your baby may have developed more complicated reflexes such as sucking.

How big is your baby?
Your baby is 3 inches long and weighs 1 ounce by the end of this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say that it was the most profitbale shopping trip I have been on in a while! By the way, I love your baby updates