Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Cat is Out of the Bag

That's right folks... I made it past the end of February, but just barely. Everyone at my office now knows that I am pregnant. What is funny is that the guys never did figure it out themselves, one of the two women who guessed it told them.... and they were shocked!! Guys can be so oblivious sometimes :P

One interesting thing is that NOBODY has asked me yet whether or not I plan on staying.... this has surprised me the most. So I suppose I have only been partially outed as they have no idea that behind my engineer's exterior lurks the heart of a stay-at-home mom... anyone care to venture a guess as to how long it will take for someone to ask me that? I figure it could be today, could be never so I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a rather delicate question in the work world today. I would have to be fairly confident that I was good friends with a woman at my office before asking something like this and even then the context for asking would have to be right.

Abby said...

Do you mean the pregnancy thing or the staying home thing? I guess I've had male engineers cluelessly ask me all sorts of inapproprite questions before, so I assumed this instance would be no exception :P

Tabaitha said...

I'm sure you and Nate have talked about the future and if you would stay at the company or be a stay at home mom. I went back to work part-time for a short bit after Mason was born and while it was good to get out, my heart and my thoughts were always at home with my son. After a month, I had decided that even it would be hard financially at first, the best bet was for me to stay at home. It was the best decision I have ever made. It was what I wanted all along, but due to finances, we weren't sure if it would be a possibility. God was good to us and I couldn't be happier.

Abby said...

Oh, I already know that I am staying home. Being a mom is what I have really wanted for my life. I have no reservations about giving up my career and although the extra income would be nice, I think the benefits of staying home with your kids far outweighs the cost.

Anonymous said...

A would have to know a woman really well to ask if she were pregnant in any context (unless we are talking slender thing in her third trimester). My previous comment specifically addressed asking a woman in my office if she would return to work after having her baby.