Friday, March 28, 2008

Forward Thinking

I think it is well established that I am a planner. I'm actually a little upset that there isn't more that I have to do for the house between now and closing. As it is, we've already done everything we can except lock in an interest rate which we can't do til 30 days out (April 1st) anyway. I've set up the appointment with the security company for 2 days after closing already and we are going to order our new counter tops soon and have them measure right after closing. This brings me to a funny-ish story...

I called ADT on Wednesday to set up the initial walk through of the house to get an estimate for alarm installation. I talked to the very nice lady at the call center and she told me the name of the consultant that I would be meeting with. On Thursday I received this call...

ADT- "Hello, Mrs. Ezell?"
Me - "Yes?"
ADT- "This is _______ from ADT, and I just received an email informing me that I am meeting with you on May the 2nd and I wanted to confirm that this was correct"
Me- "Yes, it is"
ADT- "Ok, I just don't think I've ever had an appointment scheduled that far in advance so I figured something must be wrong."


And welcome to my world :)

No comments: