Monday, March 10, 2008

How could I have forgotten??


The funniest thing happened yesterday at church~



They play music as people walk in before the service and it is very subtle. Not very loud, not hugely noticeable. But yesterday I walked in and started my descent down the stairs when the music reached my subconcious and I started to sing along. Wait a second... isn't this Weezer?? It WAS!! It was "Only in Dreams" from Weezer's blue cd. I couldn't believe it. Apparently someone in the sound booth shares my taste in music although I'm not sure Weezer is the most appropriate choice for pre-sermon music. I saw Jen and asked her and then saw my brother and asked him just to make sure I wasn't hearing things. Although I was 99.99999% sure it was them, I just couldn't believe my ears. Anyhoo, I look forward to entering to Foo Fighters or Counting Crows next week :)

2 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

It was great to see you yesterday! And they were in fact playing Weezer. Still can't get over it... Haha!

Liz said...

Yeah! And I heard them playing Ray Lamontagne after the sermon was over, and he's for sure no Christian singer either, although a very good one! :)