Thursday, March 27, 2008

Madness Alive

That's right folks, round 3... otherwise known as the Sweet 16 starts up today and though the Ags will not be a part, I'm still pretty excited :) There are still 2 Big 12 teams to root for in the running, so it should be fun! I've also got my lifelong fave, North Carolina, to go for in one of tonight's games. You can ask my Dad, I've had a thing for UNC ever since I got interested in basketball.....well actually.... before that. Of course as a young girl, my interest in UNC was entirely based on the fact that I REALLY liked their colors... powder blue and white. Still, it doesn't matter how you pick a winner, as long as they win..... right? ;-)

5 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Abby, cheer for WKU!! That's my school. I knew their coach, Darin Horn, in college. He's a great guy. He attended the church where I went and shared his testimony with us. I think most of us had a crush on him. I'm so proud of the team. Usually WKU is a KY underdog compared with UofL and UK.

Congrats on being preggers!! Do they not allow kids at the Bayou?

Tabaitha said...

UNC is my favorite team. I have been following their basketball program since I was a little girl. Adam is a Duke fan, so there is a bit of a rivalry in our family. I personally think UNC will take it all the way!

Abby said...

I picked UNC to go all the way, but we'll see!! Oh, and I have nothing against Western Kentucky and I am ALL ABOUT them beating UCLA!!

Anonymous said...

Am I a Tar Heel fan? I was watching and rooting for UNC on TV during the 1982 chanpionships (James Worthy and some guy named Michael). That's all I have to say on the matter.

Ulovebeth said...

I just saw that WKU lost to UCLA by 10. Not so shabby for a team that doesn't often play programs like UCLA!

Also, UofL is playing UNC. I have some NC ties, and by nature am not a UofL fan, but Coach Pitino looks so cute in his suits, but he did betray the Wildcats years ago...What to do...
Have fun watching the games!