Thursday, March 13, 2008

Low points... and a snack!

I have to set the stage here.... I'm in a meeting and my boss is talking about a new bonus program ( I will be gone before it starts). I'm still listening intently when all of the sudden I feel something move.... under my shirt. Ummmmm...... I put my hand on the spot expecting to just have an itch and I find a lump. Oh dear. My mind starts racing... the lump feels like a decent sized spider based on the give and so I keep my thumb pressed against it and wait. I figured squishing said spider on the top of my belly was better than it getting away and me not knowing where it went.

Anyhoo, so my boss goes on and on... and on. I start to get freaked out and begin to think about if there is any way for me to reach either up or down my shirt really casually and remove the offending lump without the other people noticing. I was getting desperate, but even in that state I recognized that due to it's position (halfway between going in from above and going in from below) it would be nearly impossible to pull that off without attracting undue attention. So I sat with my thumb on my belly and waited. Finally when the meeting ended, I rushed to the bathroom, jumped in a stall, and yanked my shirt up. It was..... a chip. That's right folks, a thick piece of Baked Lays Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream from my morning snack ( 3 hours before... it shifted in the meeting to where I could feel it). Not only that, I had a nice, sore red mark on my belly from pushing the chip into me for so long.

And that, my friends, is just another day in the life of me :P

3 comments:

AyDubb said...

Oh my goodness! I laughed until I cried. That is too funny! I can only imagine the "terror" that the chip inflicted!

Unknown said...

You had me cringing during the first half and laughing out loud there at the end! It reminded me of my own, "cockroach up the leg" story.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness - that's hilarious.
wait until you have a baby heel pressing into you! :)