Monday, March 31, 2008

God- sent

Now, I am not traditionally a corny/sappy person who believes that a lot of things in their life were just "meant to be", but I did experience something I think is beyond cool this weekend. We went by on Saturday with my parents to look at the house we are buying in Katy and had a quick chance to meet the current owners. Get this, they used to be on staff at First Baptist Katy but they are moving to Richmond to plant a church there! We knew a lot of the same people and as it turns out, First Baptist Houston is one of the churches sponsoring their church plant.

I had thought, based on items I saw in the home and the integrity with which they handled the sale, that there was a good chance that they were Christians. I haven't a clue why, but it was such a relief and joy to know that we were buying from a strong Christian family and that our house could simply continue to be a tool in doing God's work. We heard the story of them trying to sell the house and how they almost tried to sell it last summer (even listed it for a week or so) before deciding to wait until after their 4th little girl was born. I feel like God was reserving the house for us and as it turns out, this was perfect timing for the sellers as well... we close just after the construction on their new house is completed. Anyways, I feel as though me finding the house online was not a fluke, us loving it was not a fluke and everything working out fairly easily in the process was not a fluke. I truly feel as though we are going where God wants us to be. It scares me to say that because firstly, it sounds presumptive, and secondly it sounds nothing like me.... but there you go :)

No comments: