Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Like swallowing popcorn kernels then getting really, really hot....

I was laying in bed last night reading and, as is becoming quite normal now, 10 minutes after I laid down on my side, Micah started kicking. These weren't your ordinary kicks now.... these were your future soccer star Beckham-esque kicks. They were impressively hard and I began to wonder if I would be able to see them from the outside.

I expected to maybe be able to see a tiny little movement of my belly to correspond with the kiddo's best attempts to break out early. I peered down at my belly and after not too long, I was rewarded by seeing it jump...not a tiny bit, but a solid centimeter straight up! For you non-metric people, there are 2.54 centimeters in an inch.... to give you a perspective :P And to give you a bit more of a perspective, the next kick registered at half an inch....by far the biggest of the night. It was really cool!! I actually got to watch him kick about 10-15 times before I went back to my reading. As I write this, he is joyfully swinging away down there to prove that this was no one time thing for him. What a blessing it is to have several moments each day when I know that Micah is alive and, well... kicking :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you're having fun with Micah. Seeing as you are at about mile 14 of your personal marathon, there are likely a lot of kicks left and I expect they won't be getting softer.