Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The cutest blog EVER

No really, ever. I've seen many a blog for peeps with little kids, but I gotta say that my sister Amy's blog beats them all. She and my brother take pictures of such a higher quality then you see on most mommy site that there is no contest. Let us also not forget that the subjects of said photos are quite possibly the cutest children ever.... just sayin :) So check it out.... if the carrot or lollipop pics don't convince you then nothing will

http://comewhatcomemay.blogspot.com/

36 days of work left (after today) and counting ya'll. I'm ready for the mommy phase, and as sad as it is to say, I would have missed my job at HNTB.... I DO miss my job there (except of course having to interact with a certain person :P)... but I am not going to miss my job here. I like the people just fine and I'm sure it would have gotten better, but right now I am bored silly by the projects I am being put on and I am getting more and more frustrated that they just don't give EIT's here the type of responsibilities I had at my old job. They are essentially raising up a generation of engineers who will have no idea how to manage a project when it comes time for them to do so. Anyhoo, soapbox. I'm ready to leave though... no regrets. Maybe that was the reason for God's timing :)

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

Hey, I hear ya on people not giving EITs responsibility... that's why I left my last job. New job is much better. I like roads better than landfills. :)

Anonymous said...

I could see how road work would make you feel that you're connected and getting somewhere, but you would think that landfill work would be more fulfilling (then again, I'm just a ChE, so what do I know about being Civil).

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way. I actually just got accepted into law school...in VERMONT. So my husband and I are moving in a couple months. Crazy, eh? While I've been there I just feel like I haven't learned, well, anything.