Thursday, May 08, 2008

You are where you live

Soooooo, I went online to change our address on our Target registry and it told me I had to call in to do this... annoying since Babies R' US allowed it to be changed online, but whatever. I got through the Target menu maze and finally found myself connected to a friendly voice.... in India. We've all had this experience so I don't need to tell you that while I have nothing against this people group, they can be really hard to understand on the phone and of course they have trouble understanding you too.

He looked up my registry and very kindly asked what I needed after verifying in fact that I was Abby Ezell. After several repetitions of the address, it seemed that he finally had it down correctly. Well, the address at least. As soon as I told him "Katy, TX" I became "Katy" instead of "Abby". It was a weird sort of out of body experience really. He called me that 4-5 times while telling me something about how I should go into Target and spend more money.... I didn't catch the whole thing, but that was the gist.

Anyhoo, I went online a day later to check that the address had been changed and it in fact had not been. At this point I went into investigator mode and I found a way to switch it online.... I forgive Target for lying to me about having to call in, if only because it gives me something to write about :)

Side Note~ Nate and I move tomorrow!! This means the likelihood of a blog entry is slim to none tomorrow... FYI.

2 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

How did packing go last night?

Abby said...

so-so :) I have some time tonight and it is entirely possible I'll finish and entirely possible that I won't :P