Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Growth Chart

The belly pic once again did not make it to my work computer in time... I need to work out a system or something :) Anyhoo, Nate and I started birthing classes last night through a ministry called "First Birth Ministries". It is a comprehensive class which is not only well known around town for being one of the absolute best ones at getting you prepared, but it is also Christian based and teaches you to find your strength in Christ through labor.

I'm particularly excited because, although it teaches you about your options, she seems to pack the class full of information to help you avoid an episiodomy, c-section, or induction while also teaching you how to go sans epidural if you want to. I want to avoid all of these things, so I am looking forward to learning more!! She kept telling us last night that we will really need to rely on God's strength to give birth naturally... no kidding!! I am fully aware of my inability to get through that on my own strength and am looking forward to growing in dependence on God through the process. Anyways.... growth chart :)

Today (depending on whose calendar you follow) I am 31 weeks pregnant~

What is happening with your baby?
Your baby is continuing to develop a layer of fat under his skin. This is in preparation for his arrival into the world and gives the baby more of a newborn appearance. During the next several weeks your baby will really begin to put on the weight. Remember the average size of a newborn is about 7 1/2 pounds and 19 to 21 inches long.

How big is your baby?
Your baby is continuing to grow and has reached 15 inches in length and weighs anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 pounds.

1 comment:

Jana said...

All I can say is WOW. Going for natural birth? I guess I had never looked at it that way as doing it natural to rely on God's strength. So you really are going to avoid an epidural? I will be anxious to talk to you after labor :)