Thursday, May 01, 2008

We're Home!!!

I feel fantastic today :) I was worried because of my inability to sleep on planes and my inability to keep myself from passing out at my parent's house yesterday afternoon after I reached 30 ish hours straight of being up, and my normal inability to sleep at night after I take a (four hour) nap during the day. But hey, no problems and I am at work ready-ish to face the day!! I want to do a more in depth Maui post soon, but for today I thought I'd just mention a few things and show a few pics :) Random stuff-

~ Maui is AMAZING.... definitely my absolute favorite tropical destination.
~ Every time you spot a whale out in the ocean it is a cool thing, you don't get used to it, you don't get tired of it... even if it happens multiple times a day, every day (after whale season my eye..... I am so thankful they hung around for us... in mass :)

~ When you get burned and you're pregnant it takes forever to heal and then it is a deep deep brown way beyond a normal "tan". This is annoying if only one random spot got burned... I'll let you know when I know how long it takes to return to normal :P

~ On Maui, there are one lane roads and then there are one lane roads. The first might stress you out, but the second will leave you face to face with a Jeep and only (I kid you not) 8 inches of room. P.S.- type two requires that you back up to the last part of the road that is maybe 1.5 car widths wide and hope for the best... don't let this frighten you about Maui though... type 2 roads are driven for strictly scenic purposes and are not necessary to traverse the island.

~ For you math buffs- Getting up early and flying + walking a decent amount in Oahu + sitting on a plane for another 8 hours + 6 months of pregnancy = Feet and ankles swollen to over twice their normal size (not exaggerating about the size....wish I was)... these will take 24 hours to un-swell.
Maui coastline

A cloudy sunset

Luau dancers


Haleakala Crater

Us at a luau


On our balcony


The moon!


On the road to Hana


More on the road to Hana :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I am eager to see more.

Anonymous said...

gran says...
What a beautiful place! I know you had a great time...well, you made that pretty obvious, didn't you?! The pictures are exceptional.

Anonymous said...

I love the framing on some of the photos esp. the cloudy sunset.

Amy said...

Welcome back! I love the picture of the moon. I hope your sunburn heals. I got the worst burn of my entire life when I was pregnant with Elena.

Anonymous said...

wait...you're saying maui was better than being at TCB?

Liz said...

How beautiful! I'm glad yall had a good time!