Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Growth Chart



30 weeks pregnant today.... how crazy is that?!! The first pic is me at 28 weeks and the second is me at 29 weeks, just cause I missed posting the pic last week :)
.
How big is your baby?
Your baby has now grown to be 14 3/4 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds.
.
What is happening with your baby?
As your baby continues to grow, he takes up a larger portion of your uterus. You may not feel that your body can handle your growing baby, but it will compensate by allowing your uterus to extend underneath your rib cage.

Your baby’s eyes are becoming more mature, and now he can tell the difference between light and dark. Babies at 30 weeks can even follow a light source with their eyes. Once your baby is born, he will spend a great deal of time with his eyes closed. This is completely normal. Newborns only have the ability to focus on objects a few inches from their face. While "normal" adult vision is 20/20, a newborn's vision is 20/400.
.
.
.
The email goes on to describe all the fun things that you may already, or might possibly start experiencing including mood swings, insomnia, swelling (check), and permanent enlargement of your feet...... I suddenly have so much more respect for every mother out there :P Anyways, Micah is doing great and is moving even more...or I am feeling him move more at least. He doesn't seem to have been effected by the oil paint fumes from last week, so that's good :) (For those who are about to cane me, I was NOT the one doing the painting, but it was going on before, during and after the move so I was exposed somewhat. We kept all the windows and doors open for ventilation and I made sure not to linger in the kitchen area)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hey Abby! I'm excited to hear about your new house! When are you inviting us over? :P I'm excited about us being semi-neighbors too!

Abby said...

Haha, I will give you my standard answer.... June :) That is when things slow down a bit for us :P Seriously though, any time you find yourself out in Katy doing work on your house or something, give us a call :)