Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Growth Chart


I am 29 weeks pregnant today! Wow, that's weird to say :) The pic above is me at 27 weeks because, although I loaded it at home, I forgot to send myself the new pic. Just so you know, I am a little bigger than this now :P


How big is your baby?
Your baby now measures 14 1/2 inches and weighs 2 3/4 pounds.


What is happening with your baby?
Your baby is rapidly growing at this point. Obviously your baby is continuing to gain weight, and his/her head is also growing. This is due to the rapid brain development that began in week 28. Muscles and lungs are also continuing to develop and mature.


For a personal update, Micah has gotten more consistently active and I have started doing kick counts so that I will be able to tell if he slows down. So far I have done two days worth and he reached 10 movements within 30 minutes Monday and 20 minutes yesterday. Friday I go to the doctor and ask such insightful questions as, "Is it ok for me to push on him or poke him to get him to change positions?" I really hope she says yes, because his favorite little spot involves snuggling up to my lung and making it hard to breathe :P On a pregnancy note, I have officially entered the swollen foot phase wherein the only shoes I can comfortably wear to work are flip flops :)

No comments: