Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I wanna be in the light..."


No seriously, it would have been nice to have light in the house this morning :) We woke up and the house was pitch black.... well, nothing strange there, that's how it normally is when we get up. Nate flips a light switch and....... nothing. Well, now that isn't so normal :P Luckily, Nate had put a flashlight in the desk two days ago and so he knew exactly where to find one.... I just found something last night that I have been actively looking for since we moved. All that to say that finding exactly what you are looking for, quickly, in the dark, in a house that had nothing in it 7 days ago is impressive. I learned a few things through this experience and overall I think I will grow as a person because of it :)


Darkness taught me-


~ I can still get ready in 10 minutes, even without power. This is helped out greatly by the fact that during the week I take my showers at night :)


~ My makeup "routine" (if you can call 2 steps a routine) is so inexact and such a minor part of my day that it can be done by the light of a 1 inch diameter flashlight and it looks the same as it does every day. One of the benefits to being physically low maintenance.


~ Nate and I learned how to manually open a garage door. Probably would have been much easier had either of us owned a house with a garage before, but as it was we used our indispensable flashlight to find the directions on the inside of the door. P.S.- if anyone out there wants to steal anything from our garage, now is probably the day to do it :P


~Pregnancy does not prevent you from holding open the garage door so that your husband can back out after he held it for you.


~Our garage door is surprisingly light :)

No comments: