Sunday, November 16, 2008

4 Months Old!

Micah is FOUR MONTHS OLD today! It feels old to me, but I also feel like he has been a part of our lives for a lot longer than that. I have been throwing tidbits from Micah's life at you constantly on this here blog, so it's tough to think of things you may not know about him already. Still, I thought I would write down a few things that he is doing now that he is a very mature, very grown up 4 month old~
~ He is much more responsive now and will turn to face you when you talk to him and his eyes will follow you all around the room.
~ He sings :) When you sing to Micah, he will respond back in a very different way than he normally vocalizes. He makes prolonged sounds and tries to mimic you.
~ He laughs a lot more now :)
~ He is beginning to show a preference towards people he knows well.
~ Given enough time on his stomach, he almost always rolls over
~ He will now grasp toys and hold onto them.
~ He understands cause and effect... If I kick this, the star will play music for me :)
He has been so much fun to have around and we can't wait to spend another month with him! (and hopefully a whole bunch of months and years after that too :)


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top picture is adorable. I’m looking forward to seeing that little guy in about a week here. By the way (this is pretty random), the comment last week from Jenny with regard to Nutcracker Market was hilarious. More randomness: my security word is "paddly"; this should be made into a word if it's not already.

Abby said...

1) I like that pic too

2) Oh my, I thought Jenny captured the situation perfectly :) p.s. Jenny.. Micah LOVES the book you gave him.. Thanks!

3)paddly is nice, but snegrobe takes the cake

Jen Lewis said...

He is getting so big and adorable! I am going to be in Houston December 12-14th. Maybe I can see him again?!