Friday, November 21, 2008

Recycled Material

Ah, new relationships. Everything so exciting and fresh and.... well, new. This comes as a HUGE advantage for me when it comes to my friendships. You see, with pregnancy comes pregnancy brain which causes you to go brain dead more often than not. You forget things, simple things, all the time and suddenly everything seems more difficult than it was before.

I have a problem. That's right, my name is Abby and I tell people the same stories over and over again. I have the unfortunate tendency to tell people stories that I have told them before whilst they smile and nod politely before telling me that I already told them this. DRAT. I find myself often thinking, "I need some new material!" like I fancy myself a stand up comic or something. What I have learned recently is that if you can't manage to come up with new material, new friends work just as well! That's right folks, new friends allow you to use recycled stories without fear of discovery. You get to turn off your brain and replay conversations from past gatherings, not to mention having the advantage of editing your script and leaving only the best received parts in :) Go forth, make new friends, appear intelligent and interesting all over again ;-)


post signature

4 comments:

Amy said...

I think you already posted something about this earlier. :)

You crack me up!

Jen Lewis said...

I am not sure I am comfortable with this post... Being an "old friend" and all. Are you at least going to make new friends and keep the old. I am either silver or gold after all... I never know which... But one!

Ulovebeth said...

That's exactly what I do.

Just what until Micah is old enough to tell you, "Mom. We've already heard that one."

I know I am destined to hear that statement, because I told it to my mother all the time.

Kelli said...

We love hearing all of your stories! I definitely do the same things so you will have to tell me!