Thursday, November 06, 2008

We've Got More Bounce in California

So a few things took precedence, but you didn't think I was just going to skip over our Cali trip, did you? We had a really great time, I'm so glad we went!!! I'm typing one handed and Micah is losing it, so I'll make it short....

We went to Pasadena to hang out with Courtney and go to a museum.... Micah and Nate were thrilled :P
We went to Cars and Coffee in LA and saw everything from a Maserati, to a Model T, to vintage Corvettes and new Lamborghinis..... it's a rich area :) Basically, local car peeps bring out their new or restored things of beauty and us poor folks get to walk around and drool at them all... it's a lot of fun!


From Cars and Coffee, we drove to San Diego to visit the most famous zoo in the world. It was AMAZING. All of the animals were very playful while we were there and we saw polar bears play wrestling, hippos swimming and bouncing underwater, tiger cubs exploring and stalking/pouncing on each other, a monkey harassing an otter, arctic diving ducks (so cool), and rhinos playing in a water spray (to name just a few of the super animated animals we saw)



On Sunday we went to Laguna Beach and got rained on :P We left and the rain stopped when we were a little down the road, so we went to Newport Beach instead. It wasn't as pretty, but the size of it was beyond belief, my Dad said it was like being on the beaches of Normandy.... super deep beach :) We dipped Micah's feet in the ocean to give him a little Pacific experience.. it was fun! We spent that afternoon in Downtown Disney... a downtown-esque area outside of DisneyLand that is free and full of fun shops, diverse restaurants, and numerous people watching opportunities. My Dad has some of the pics from this day (my battery was dying) so when I get them, I'll put them up :)

Here is a pic of Micah chilling on the couch in Irvine on Monday morning. He was a champ on the plane... he was perfect on the way there and on the way back he only cried for 5 minutes during landing and taxiing. He was so distraught and then as soon as the plane was pulled into the gate and Nate stood up with him, he burst out laughing. I mean, hysterical, cracking up laughing.... everyone around us started cracking up too... all he wanted was to stand up :)



post signature

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

You're making me miss Southern Cali, and I never officially lived there! (Just my parents.)

Amy said...

Ben and I were looking at your pics on Shutterfly last night. Ben was nearly moved to tears over some of the cars (I'm not exaggerating).

My favorite picture of the bunch was the one you have here of Micah asleep at the zoo in the bjorn. Oh my goodness, could he be any cuter?!?

Glad you had a great time and Micah did so well on the flights!

Tabaitha said...

So glad you guys had a good time in California. There are some really fun places to visit out here.

Anonymous said...

Looks like yall had a great time! Those are some great memories. :) I've been to Pasedena a few times, and LOVED IT! It is gorgeous there! And Micah gets a gold star for handling the plane ride.