Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Decorating Itch

Ok, it's driving me nuts.....really, it is! It is just not fair that shopping centers can decorate for Christmas and I have to wait! Every day I have to force myself to wait until after Thanksgiving to pull out all of my fun Christmas stuff. To aid in this effort, I have adopted a sort of mantra that I chant to myself in times of weakness. It varies, but the general idea is "Only crazy people decorate before Thanksgiving. Only crazy people decorate before Thanksgiving. Only....." and so on and so forth. Just when I think that I have a handle on the insanity, I drive past another shopping center with 6 ft high ornaments out front or larger than life glitter bows on top of the shops and I end up back at square one.

I suppose the upside to this is that I have been attempting to satiate the desire by figuring out where I will put everything once it is sane to do so. This will save me a lot of planning time and maximize the time I get to enjoy the decorations before it is no longer sane to have them up :P Anyhoo, speaking of decorations, my mom brought this little beauty over last week and I was SO excited!


Although I do have to admit that after hearing that Cindy and Allison were both making their husband's stockings, I felt like maybe I should have made this myself. Then I got over it because my mom does a fantastic job and if it were up to me this year, then he wouldn't have one finished in time. Thanks Mom, I am so happy with how it turned out!

So anyway, to all you people out there who are fighting back the urge to decorate and are wondering if you are crazy... yes, you are. But hey, you aren't alone :)

post signature

9 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

Haha! Your post made me laugh. I miss you Abby!

Becky Kiser said...

You could start a new tradition. Chris and I decided that since we are gone for a week at Thanksgiving and basically 2 weeks at Christmas, we are starting a new tradition. So on November 1st we put up the tree. It has been so fun to come home to every day! That's all we are putting out for now, but it is so fun. I even indudgled in Christmas candles. Call me crazy, I don't care. :)

Never Enough Food said...

I've been 'working' on Rett's stocking for a year. HAHA. The first year we were married I decorated for Christmas the first week of November when he was at the deer lease.

Allison said...

It's BEAUTIFUL. Don't worry- I only have the SON of Cason embroidered and that's IT. I have a long way to go...

Me said...

First, I have to tell you that I drove into my neighborhood yesterday to discover that someone already has their Christmas lights up and had them turned on! I love Christmas lights, but I still thought they were a little crazy!

Second, I love that stocking! It is absolutely adorable and I have been looking for stockings that we could have as a family that would be something we would cherish over the years. My family had some that a lady made for us and we still use them at my parents' house every year. Maybe your mom would be willing to tell me where to find such adorable stocking patterns?

Abby said...

Carissa, check it out :)

http://www.plaidcraftexpress.com/depts/id-5446.html

Jen said...

It has been far too long since we have seen pictures of Micah. Cmon, lets see!! :)

Kelli said...

What are the odds that I would find your blog just from clicking around! SO GLAD you blog too! I love Micah's stocking! I'll see you tomorrow!

Me said...

Yay! Thanks Abby! I love those stockings! I'm going to get to work so I can have 3 done by next year! :)