Thursday, March 05, 2009

Is your Mommy there?

Would be the question that a salesman asked me when I answered my door two nights ago. Do I really look THAT young? I mean, I know I may not look 26, but I thought by now that I had at least left the calling-my-mom-"mommy" years behind. Anyways, I made a mistake and told him I was the mommy and then I had to spend several minutes telling him that I was not interested while he interrupted me repeatedly to tell me what a great product he was selling. Oh, and every time I said I was really not interested, he would cup his ear and lean forward like he couldn't hear me. Anyhoo, I've decided that the next time someone asks me if my mommy is home, I'm going to answer "No, and I'm not supposed to talk to strangers" :)

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone can be naïve; it’s only stupid if you fall for the same trick twice (which I have when it came to dealing with salesmen at my door).

My security word is "apern". Used in a sentence: "Even a blind sow finds an apern once in a while."

Tabaitha said...

I had that happen on the phone the other day.