Friday, March 13, 2009

Shoe Jaded?

I went with some friends last night (after the babies were in bed) to go see "Confessions of a Shopaholic"..... it was so cute!! It may be the first time in my life that I saw a movie based on a book that I liked and when the movie was completely different from the book, I wasn't angry! It had it's own merit and it was so much fun! The moral of the movie is that you need to be responsible with money and only buy what you need. Good, right? Except as the credits began to roll, Kelli said "Is it bad that I REALLY want to go shopping now?". Unfortunately, Devon and I were thinking the same thing :P

This got us talking, and I found out that both girls were shoe people. I am not.... at all. I typically buy an average of 1 pair a year, if that. I HATE shoe shopping, which may explain why shoe shopping for Micah is also not my favorite activity :P Kelli explained her love of shoes by noting that no matter what happens to your body, your shoes and jewelry always fit.... Not so!! During my third trimester, every single pair of shoes I had (save one) betrayed me. That's right... I spent 3 MONTHS in one pair of seriously old flip flops. Maybe that's why I am much more cynical towards shoes than I used to be :P


post signature

4 comments:

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

I too spent 3 months in the same pair of flip flops which I can no longer wear because they are so stretched out! The real question is are you going to let 3 months ruin years of wearing fun, cute shoes? :)

Abby said...

yup :) Besides, I have cute shoes I just wear them until they completely fall apart :P

Anonymous said...

if you liked shopaholic, you should definitely see "he's just not that into you" too. it was adorable. cute clothes in that one too, though - so the shopping bug still might bite. ;)