Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seriously?

Recently, I have been looking at baby shoes thinking that I should buy Micah some for when he starts walking (in 4-5 months... crazy!). The first pair I found that I liked were $30... yikes!!! I figured this was a fluke and made it a quest to find cool, cheap shoes. Ummmm... yeah, they don't exist. In fact, baby shoes often cost more than what I would pay for my own shoes! Because of this I have made a decision.... Micah will not wear shoes. I will get him a tetanus shot and let him run around Houston barefoot like a village child :P

Seriously though, if you know where to get cheap kids shoes, let me know :)


post signature

5 comments:

Tabaitha said...

We buy Mason's tennis shoes at Burlington Coat Factory. We found sketchers for under $20. I agree, it's crazy that they charge so much for shoes, when they grow out of them so fast. Another place to look for shoes, Target or Old Navy. Hope that helps.

Amy said...

That cracked me up!!!

I prefer to put new walkers in the "soft shoes" like pedi-peds or the other brands you were probably looking at. They seem like they would be really comfortable AND it can be nearly impossible to put their pudgy little feet in a firm sided tennis shoe.

The cheapest/cutest version of the "soft-shoe" that I've found is Target's ($12-14). That's what Elena and Evan started walking in. In fact, Evan is still in that pair (you've seen the condition of them, so it's probably not hard to believe).

Oh and the shoes can NOT be found on Target's website. They're at the END of the shoe aisles in the store.

I'm going to end this really long comment now.

Jen said...

I buy my niece's shoes at Target. Only like $12.

Abby said...

Ah yes, but girls shoes are much easier to find cheap... thwarted once again! I'll have to llok in the shoe section like you said, Amy. I usually look in the baby section :)

Lindsay said...

I bought Carli a pair of soft soled tennis shoes for about $10 at Babies R Us a few months ago. I even remember that some of the boys shoes were cuter than some of the girls shoes. I don't know if they still have some that are that cheap, but it is worth a try.