Monday, October 12, 2009

22 Weeks

Wow, so I felt like I got to 20 weeks SO QUICKLY and then life just threw on the brakes! I feel like I should be at 25 or something by now :P Anyways, Lizzie is 22 weeks along as of today and is the size of a spaghetti squash. What a weird word.... Spaghetti. Anyways.....

Elizabeth has pretty much taken on the form of a newborn baby, but is incredibly small. Much development will continue to occur over the next 18 weeks. Her skin appears wrinkly, but this is because she has not yet gained enough weight to fill the skin out. The lips are becoming more distinct. The eyes have completely formed, but the iris (the colored portion of the eye) still lacks pigment. The eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and the pancreas is continuing to mature.


post signature

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

I'm an official blog stalker because I looked through your old post to see you at 22 weeks w/ Micah! ...and if history repeats itself...you've got some more growing to do! :)

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! I guess I haven't seen a pic of you in a while and Elizabeth has definitely made her presence known! Yay!