Monday, October 26, 2009

24 Weeks

.... and no picture :) What can I say, it just doesn't happen every week this time :P

Elizabeth's brain is growing rapidly at this time. Taste buds are also developing, and the lungs are becoming more developed and complex. The branches of the main lung are beginning to form as well as special cells that will produce surfactant. Which, if you are wondering, helps the air sacs inflate easily. As of now, Lizzie is around the size of an ear of corn! For my Grandma's sake, this is defined by the tracker I use as around 12 inches long ;-) Also, she is 1.25-1.5 pounds!

post signature

1 comment:

dad said...

Thanks for removing the obvious ambiguity with regard to Lizzie's size. I mean and ear of corn can be anything from those little guys that are thrown into chinese food whole to a big ole ear of Texas sweet corn and I know your Grandmother Elkins was fretting about which you meant even if she didn't post a comment of her own.