Monday, October 19, 2009

23 Weeks

Elizabeth is continuing to gain weight, but the next several weeks will be when she really begins to fill out. Lanugo, or the fine hair that covers her body, may darken at this point allowing it to be seen on an ultrasound. Lizzie is also beginning to look more like she will at birth.

As of now, Elizabeth is the size of a Papaya and weighs somewhere around 1 pound! I have to say, I can feel the third trimester coming on.... I am exhausted all of the time, I'm uncomfortable and it's really hard for me to carry Micah even from the car into Target where I put him in a cart.... and he's not even a heavy kid! I am having a heck of a time falling asleep and perhaps an even harder time staying asleep. I have a weird pinched nerve type thing going on in my back that kicks in a couple of times a day and makes it very painful and difficult to walk until it goes away. All this and I still have FOUR weeks until I enter the third trimester! Elizabeth sure is proving to be a more physically demanding pregnancy than Micah was.... although Micah's presence now could definitely be a contributing factor :)



post signature

3 comments:

dad said...

Tslking with your grandmother this morning and she complained that papayas come in a variety of sizes. Thus, your description is wanting. Just sayin....or I mean garndma is just sayin.

Anyway, love you kid.

Anonymous said...

Actually.I would say I wss commenting...not complaining:p It does look like she's growing fast!
Gran

Abby said...

Let's just say that this papaya is larger than a spaghetti squash and smaller than whatever comparison they use next week :P