Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I have been working on new wall art for Elizabeth to take our gender neutral nursery from slightly more boy to slightly more girl. Well, as we all know, it is a requirement now a days to have your child's name spelled out in wooden letters on their wall. I'm not sure when this became a nursery staple, but it's cute so I've chosen not to worry about it. That being said, everything in me rebels against paying the exorbitant prices that people want to charge for these letters, I buy cheapo Hobby Lobby letters and do my best with them to make them something I like. Micah's are painted, so I decided to cover Lizzie's with paper. Here is what I started with~

Her letters are smaller than Micah's were since those extra 4 letters add A LOT of length! I got them for 50 cents a piece! And here is the end result~


I'm starting with close ups cause the natural light recently has been less than stellar and so the full name picture is a bit washed out by flash :P




What did I tell you? Washed out :P Anyways, they are MUCH cuter in person and I now just have to decide how I want to hang them... I am currently debating options... we'll see :P

post signature

5 comments:

...annaLee... said...

Those are uber-cute, Abby! Good job!! :D

Amy said...

They are beautiful... that must have been a little tricky cutting them out, but good job!

The Goods said...

I love them! I might have to steal that idea some day! :)

annalee said...

way to go crafty momma! those turned out adorable.

Abby said...

Thanks guys!

p.s.- my word verification is "ireely"... I really what? ;-)